We are eager to learn about the work experiences of people in this community, and would love to share them with the community. Please tell us about your best and worst days at work. We will feature some of these stories in our blog to help illustrate inner work life, the progress principle, events influencing inner work life, and so on. However, do provide us with sufficient information to understand what happened and how it made you feel. Consider these questions:
- What happened, what was the context, and who was involved (without using real names)? Describe the event in some detail (50-100 words).
- What resulted from the event? Do you think it affected your performance?
- How did it make you feel?
- What did you think about the work, your colleagues, yourself, or the organization as result of the event?
- Is there anything in particular that you would like us or the community to comment on?
Please adhere to the following guidelines when making a submission:
- Do not refer by name to actual people or organizations or include details that will allow a reader to guess the organization.
- We want these discussions to focus on inner work life, progress, and important work events, rather than a specific organization.
- We believe that it is unfair to discuss people or criticize them without consent and when they cannot defend themselves.
While it is often more dramatic and interesting to describe bad days, we encourage you to think about and write about some of your best days, too. We have so much more to learn from great leaders and colleagues than from those who are not.
Thanks for participating!
Teresa and Steve